WSFHS holds no records for this cemetery.
Friends of Surrey Cemeteries (Surrey Cemeteries: a survey, 2012):
Opened 1856. 36.5 acres. Census of London burials Aug 1889 showed 80,800 here. 29.5 acres purchased 1855 for £9927 by St Giles Camberwell. 7 further acres in 1874.
Total cost to the Camberwell Vestry of original cemetery £17,200 – in style with 3 chapels, CofE, NC, RC – 1st two by George Gilbert Scott in gothic style. NC & CofE Demolished in 1960s following council proposal (in Feb 1938?) to demolish the RC and NC chapels and provide a garden of remembrance on their sites. RC chapel survived to the 70s. Large gothic lodge remains – bricked up, restored since 1994.
Only a few monuments of note. Registers kept at Camberwell New, can be searched, fee £11.
No facilities but many people of interest buried here. Cemetery has been extensively researched and written about by Ron Woolacott MBE of FONC.