Churches of Surrey Index
A guide to Churches and Graveyards in Surrey for family historians
Addiscombe St. Mary Magdalene
If you reached this page from a search engine
© Copyright Dr Neil Clifton.
This file is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic license.
Parish web site
A church near you
Addiscombe St Mary Magdalene is the the Ancient Parishan Ancient Parish is a Church of England parish which had both ecclesiastical and civil functions of Croydon St. John the Baptist.
There are no records for St Mary Magdalene in the Surrey Monumental inscriptions Index.
There are 2,423 names in the Surrey MI Index for Croydon St John the Baptist dating from 1390 to 1907
for more information about which Monumental Inscriptions are available email us:
WSFHS CD10(Surrey Burial Index) has burial records for Croydon St. John the Baptist from 1538-1852. For a full list of parishes covered click here (opens in a new page). or see our sales page for more information (opens in a new page).
The Society's CD15(Surrey Baptisms Not in the IGI) has baptismal records for Croydon St. John the Baptist from 1538-1720,1765-1799 and 1859-1876. For a full list of parishes covered click here (opens in a new page). or see our sales page for more information (opens in a new page).
WSFHS CD12(Croydon Parish Registers to 1753 and Croydon Monumental Inscriptions to 1882) has burial records and baptismal records for Croydon St. John the Baptist from 1538-1753 See our sales page for more information (opens in a new page).
Other Church of England churches in the Croydon area include:
- Upper Norwood All Saints(1845)
- Broad Green Christ Church(1852)
- Croydon Common St James(1827-1829)
- South End St Peter(1851)
- Croydon St Andrew(1857)
- Croydon St Matthew(1866)
- Croydon St Saviour (1867)
- Upper Norwood Christ Church(late 19th century)
- Upper Norwood St Paul(1865)
- South Norwood St Mark(1859)
- Selhurst Holy Trinity(1867)
- Croydon St Michael and ALl Angels(1871)
- Thornton Heath St Paul(1871)
- Woodsire St Luke(1872)
- Upper Norwood St John the Evangelist(ca1875)
- Addiscombe St Mary Magdalene(1878)
- South Croydon St Augustine(1884)
- South Croydon Emmanuel(1899)
- Norbury St Philip (1901)
- Addiscombe St Martin(1902)
- Norbury St Stephen(1908)
(Dates taken from British History on-line)
A vision of Britain
© Tony Kelly 2014-2019
Page last updated: 12 February 2016
[an error occurred while processing this directive]